Good morning Pearlies! We have a real treat for you, we are sharing our PPB favorite honeymoon spots! Some of these places we have been to and others we have seen only in our dreams. Sigh…one day my friends, one day! We hope you enjoy a morning of daydreaming with us and traveling around the world today. Grab your sunscreen and your camera and let’s go!
1. Maui, Hawaii – There is so much to do at this active travelers dream location. Luaus, Botanical Gardens, Zip Lining, Snorkeling, Whale Watching and more! Check out this tripple waterfall called Upper Waikuni Falls or Three Bear Falls of the Wailua Nui Stream along the Road to Hana. After you stop to take in all of this beauty stop at Tedeschi Vineyards and Maui’s Winery and sip some wine while you picnic! Definitely try the Maui Splash, a pineapple passion fruit wine! Yum!
2. Lake Tahoe, Nevada and California – This is the most serene, clear and gorgeous lake I have ever seen. This is a dream spot for summer activities or winter wonderland fun! Whether it’s snow boarding you crave or whitewater rafting, this is the place for all of you outdoors-men and women! You can actually take a day trip to explore around the entire lake, it’s only 72 miles! But give yourself plenty of time as you will want to stop at the many gorgeous views. I strongly recommend Emerald Bay for the most magnificent picture taking spot. The deep green water (like an emerald) is a site you won’t want to miss.
3. Bora Bora, Tahiti – Here is a view over a beautiful turquoise lagoon to volcanic Mount Otemanu, in this French Polynesian gorgeousness. Who wouldn’t want to wake in their private hut to this majestic view? This is definitely a place to get some much needed R&R after the wedding. If lounging in the sun is not enough for you, explore activities such as snorkeling, scuba-diving, wind-surfing, jet-skiing or yachting!
4. Daydream Island, Queensland Australia – Any place that has daydream in the title is fine by me. Sipping a cold drink and laying on the beach while daydreaming of wedding day bliss. Yes Please! There is even a super sweet resort called Daydream Island Resort that has it’s own Living Reef at it’s entrance. It is one of the world’s largest man-made living coral reef lagoons and features more than 140 species of marine fish and 83 species of coral. Guests have the opportunity to hand feed resident stingrays, sharks and barramundi. When you are done with that… off to the Spa! 🙂
5. Tuscany, Italy – While vacationing in Tuscany there is so much to see, Renaissance palaces, impressive monuments and Romanesque churches built hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the wonderment of seeing masterpieces by Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo and many other greats in person! Oh my! Rent a bike and explore the hills and villages in Chianti! How about a little vino? Oh yea! You can even take a super fun cooking class and learn about Tuscan cuisine and wine paring with the spunky ladies of Kitchen Chez Nous! Love!
6. Santorini, Greece -Volcanic activity plays a role in many of Santorini’s popular activities, from swimming and sunbathing at the molten-dyed beaches to witnessing consistently gorgeous sunsets from the cliffs at Oia. There is so much history, culture and wonderment in this beautiful Island. This is an explorer’s dream!
7. Ocho Rios, Jamaica – Thriving sea life in a coral reef with colorful fish, tube worms, sponges and the water surface in background are a scuba divers dream. There are a ton of “touristy” things to do in this water lovers haven. You can choose from swimming with the Dolphins at Dolphin Cove, Wilderness ATV Tours, Dunn’s River Falls & Park, or you can even rent jet skis to make your own adventure.
8. Coronado Island, San Diego, California – We are all familiar with the close to perfect San Diego weather. They call it a “Walkers Paradise”, and I can agree first hand. Coronado Island is considered a Car Free location, with many options to tour this alluring location. Take the Ferry from San Diego onto the Island, from there you can walk, bike or take a shuttle or a water taxi. I have to say the grandeur of the Hotel del Coronado is one you won’t want to miss. Luxurious beaches right in their backyard. This is definitely a luxury resort and a legendary National Historic Landmark built in 1888
This post has me dreaming of our next vaca! We hope you enjoyed our favorites and we look forward to hearing about yours. Send us a message, email or comment! Thanks Pearlies. Happy Honeymooning!
Chrissy & MiMi