Brides are forever looking for ways to personalize their wedding. Something that sets them apart from their friend’s weddings but still keeping with current trends. The key to this puzzle is making it unique to you and your man! Personalizing your chair signs are a good way to do this. And they will look great in your wedding photos.
Things you will need:
- Chip board (found at craft store)
- cutting machine (alternative solution is pre perchased Mr & Mrs. cutouts)
- spray paint and glitter
- fresh or artificial flowers and vines
- hot glue gun/glue
Making a wreath is a great way to personalize your signs. Using fresh spring floral and stems is a perfect touch for a beautiful spring wedding. Moss and succulents are better for a more earthy look. Use pine cones, berries and evergreen branches to give a winter wonderland feel.
- Take your flowers and vines apart carefully leaving enough stem to wire together. I actually used the whole stem for my first layer creating a rounded wreath without having to use a template.
- layer different greenery or floral using wire to attach each layer creating a rounded effect. Be careful not to pull too tight as you will want it to look free flowing.
- embellish with additional flowers or ribbon to your liking.
Cutting chip board can be an inexpensive way to make your own signs and make them your own with cool fonts.
- Choose a handwriting font so you will have one piece. I chose a font that the letters still did not connect correctly. All you have to do is separate the letters, move them around to have a continuous script and weld them together. You can also find these already made at your local craft store.
- Cut the chipboard on your cutting machine. I would make six or more stack-able images. Everyone knows that Cricut is my fav by now. 🙂
- Stack the words applying spray adhesive or spreadable glue between the layers.
- Spray paint your favorite color
- Attach to your wreath with fishing line, wire or your favorite ribbon
Voila! Your own personalized chair signs that just might save the bank!
We hope this helped get your own creativity flowing. Remember making it unique to you and your husband to be is key!
Chrissy & MiMi